2013 does not refer to the number of challenges that I am doing, just to clarify that straight off. Here is the list of what I am going to participate in this year. I will add them as I go along.
- New Authors, New Series. Brought to you by the Goodreads group called Rated YA-MA. Basically, you have to read six books between 1/1/2013 and 3/31/2013. They have to be by authors that you have not read yet. They don’t have to be series. Check the link for more rules & regs.
- A-Z Book Title Challenge. Hosted by Goodread group called We ♥ YA Books!. You have the entirety of 2013 to read 26 books that start with each letter of the alphabet.
- 2013 New Adult Reading Challenge. A Tapestry of Words, Confessions of a Twenty Something Fiction Writer, Tater’s Tall Tales and Basia’s Bookshelf have come together to host this challenge. Read at least five and up to thirty books classified in the New Adult genre for year-long fun.
- Take Control of Your TBR Pile. Pretty self-explanatory. Hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer and takes place during the month of March.
- Added 1.13.2013: 2013 Witches and Witchcraft Reading Challenge. Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf is hosting this challenge that last the whole year. Read between one and twenty books pertaining to witchcraft. She even lists a ton of ideas! I posted about it here.
- Added 2.7.2013: Pushing Boundaries Challenge. Brought to you by the Goodreads group called Young Adult Reads, this year-long challenge involves a game board, die, finding books in specific genres or something on the cover (“Historical or Jewelry” and “Non-Fiction or Cars”) and a point system based upon the number of pages read. I love a challenging Challenge.
Of course, I will continue to add my pages read to The Millionaire Challenge started by the Bookworm Bitches group on Goodreads. Just keep track of the number of pages you read until you reach one million! I update my post *cough* monthly.
This is all I have committed to so far this year. Do you know of any challenges that I can add to my list? Tell me in the comments below.