I found this cool challenge on one of my webfriend’s blog. Hosted by Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf, it is a year-long challenge to read books about (time to guess!) RIGHT! Witches and witchcraft. Here’s all about the challenge, in her own words:
- Low commitment…you can sign up to read just ONE book as an INITIATE!!!
- Mini Challenges with Prizes at least quarterly
- Participants who choose to link up reviews will be entered for the end of year prize!!
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 – Dec 31, 2013. I will be posting a place to link up a sign-up post (below), reviews and a wrap-up post. (Note: You do not have to review the books to participate, but only those who link up reviews will be entered for the prize)
- Grab the reading challenge button (code & button below) and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate- you could track your progress and post reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, etc.
- Any full length book that includes a witch as a main character or major witchcraft elements counts. They may be fiction or non-fiction. However, they should not be reference books which are not read cover to cover-I will leave this to your discretion.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- Have some Witchy Good Fun !!!
Initiate: Read 1 – 5 Witchy Books
Maiden: Read 6 – 10 Witchy Books
Mother: Read 11 – 15 Witchy Books
Crone: Read 16 – 20 Witchy Books
Witchy book of choice up to $10 from The Book Depository!
Participants who have officially signed up by linking up a sign-up post declaring their level will be given one entry for every review they link up. The more reviews you write and link up, the more entries in the contest! Link up your reviews on that months Review Link Up Post. Winner will be chosen on Jan 11th 2014 to give everyone a chance to link up their end of year reviews. All Challenge Posts can be accessed from my menu bar under my header!
That’s all there is to it! And, don’t worry your pointy black hat over “Where in the world will I find witchy books?” or “Does this book cut it…with a spell?” or “Is this something Elphaba would like?” Why not? Well, Melissa has made a ginormous list of books, well over the amount that you will need to read, and put them at the end of her sign-up post. Now that’s just sweet. ‘Cause some witches are just nice that way.