For seven whole days, take part in this challenge-within-a-challenge during #COYER (which you absolutely do NOT need to participate in to do this read-a-thon). Join the Americans as we celebrate Independence Day by reading books with red, white or blue on the cover OR red, white or blue in the title. The place to sign up and all of the rules can be found in the post on Fantasy is More Fun. You can also click on this button:
I have been feverishly drawing up my grand plans for the entire #COYER (seriously, it may help if you have a degree in advanced mathematics and/or planning). It seems like there are MANY books that fall under this category, so if you’re only going to do one of the five read-a-thons, this may be the easiest to find books for.
Here’s my tentative list for the books I am going to choose from:
- Don’t Judge a Girl By Her Cover by Ally Carter
- We Will Be Crashing Shortly by Hollis Gillespie
- Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
- Flirting with Felicity by Gerri Russell
- Breathless by Brigid Kemmerer
- Let It Snow! by John Green, et al
- Black Beast by R. S. Guthrie
- Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
- ‘Til Death by Kate Evangelista
- Freakboy by Kristin Elizabeth Clark
- Ripped by Shelly Dickson Carr
- A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty
- Awake by Natasha Preston
Tweet with everyone using the #COYER hashtag. I may even further designate the read-a-thon by using #RWB.
For those of you who have a hard time keeping up with hashtags on Twitter, download a social media platform such as HootSuite (which I use) or TweetDeck. You can make a column composed of a search term (such as #COYER) and you can see the real-time feed by all who are using that term. You can download the app to your phone or tablet, too. Easy peasy!
Everyone have a great 4th of July!