In my frenzy of book reading in preparation for the Austin Teen Book Festival, I forgot that Ro of Zone Out Mode had nominated me for a blog award. Thank you so much, Ro!
Here’s what one does when one is nominated:
- Include the picture of the award in the post
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Provide 7 random facts about yourself
- Nominate at least 15 other blogs
Seven random facts…ready…go!
- I have spoken to Sir Elton John
- I have lived on three different continents
- I love Twitter
- I am a good friend that doesn’t always show it (not a big fan of talking on the phone)
- I wish all this wonderful YA writing was available when I was 14
- My daughter is way cooler than I ever thought of being in middle school
- I did not discover my love of writing until recently
Fifteen seems a little excessive, so hopefully I won’t anger the gods of blogging by selecting fewer. Here is a list of blogs that I subscribe to and enjoy reading. Some of them may not accept awards, and that’s super cool with me. Just consider this a nod to you that you don’t have to acknowledge. And for some of you, just imagine the name to be “Awesome” or “Superior-ist” or “Rad” or however you want to replace the word “Lovely.”