I love music. The bad thing is, I can’t listen to music while I am writing. I get distracted by it and have to sing along, then this song reminds me of that song, and before long, I am making a playlist. The writing gets forgotten and I am singing so loudly that the dog takes cover. The only time that I do listen is when I am trying to get a feel for an era or get some inspiration for writing. Then, unfortunately, I have to turn it off in order to write.
So I am going to start my own meme. A sort of What I am Listening To and Liking This Week thing. Join me if you like, as I love finding out about new bands, music, songs. I am one of those people who will always like new music and appreciate the old. I have never gotten stuck in a decade or thought there was never anything good out there to listen to. You just need to know how to find it. I listen through Rhapsody when I am at my computer, in case anyone cares, and to my phone or the radio in the car. I do have satellite, which is awesome, but I listen to local radio as well. So, here is what is on my playlist this week. Click on the title to see a video or hear the song; click the artist to be taken to Amazon.com to buy (I am even designing a button – maybe it will be ready next week!).
- Everybody Talks by Neon Trees
- Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye (I still love it)
- The Way It Was by The Killers
- Time Won’t Let Me Go by The Bravery
- Heads Will Roll by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Last Nite by The Strokes
- Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys
- Birdhouse in Your Soul by They Might Be Giants
- The album Welcome Interstate Managers by Fountains of Wayne
- Close to You by Maxi Priest
- With a Girl Like You by The Troggs
- Got a Heart by Toadies (Starts about 4:34 in the video)
- Locked Out of Heaven by Bruno Mars
Leave a comment below and tell me what you listened to this week that encouraged, inspired, rocked, or otherwise got you in the mood!