Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!
I have recently pulled my head out of my nethers because I was completely immersed in all things Austin Teen Book Festival. No, I had nothing to do with the putting on of it; as some of you know, I decided, rather flippantly,to try to read the most recent book (34) published by every author (36, though 2 books are co-written). Needless to say, I have not been reading anything else since the end of September (and am still reading, BTW). So, now that I am out in the bright, shiny world of Reading Whatever Again, I have turned to blogs I read, Tweets, Publisher’s Weekly and my own TBR list to see what’s next.
I still do have some books that are ATBF-related from the library. They are:
- Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
- Firelight and Vanish by Sophie Jordan
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- UnWholly by Neal Shusterman
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
I won (woo hoo!) a copy of Origin by Jessica Khoury at ATBF, so I have that to read as well.
I am participating in a The Graveyard Book by Neal Gaiman read-along for R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril VII. If you have not read this book, put it at the top of your TBR list. In fact, by-pass the list altogether and just put it in your book holders and in front of your book readers in reading position and read now. I swallowed it whole it last summer and it is FABULOUS. This time, my daughter and I are enjoying it together.
I did (accidentally) purchase two copies of The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. I will read only one and return the other (unless someone wants to send me $23.00 + s/h and I will send the extra to you).
Mainly, though, I have several free books that were graciously sent to me to review. They are:
- Crimson in the Very Wrong Fairy Tale by Liz Jasper
- Talisman of El by Alecia Stone
- Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman
- Memoirs of a Gothic Soul by Rebekah Armusik
- Mutt by Evan Fuller
- Sam Cruz’s Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling
- Deconstructing INFATUATION by Merce Cardus
- FanGirl by Angel Lawson
- Guardians by Lola St. Vil