This is a fun meme started by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. As she says:
~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
So, to recap the last week, here are links to all of the posts I did:
- This was my first time EVER to host a giveaway. It is still open, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would read my INKlings interview with Joanne Brothwell and sign up to win an electronic copy of her first book, Stealing Breath.
- On Tuesday, I again participated in Top Ten Tuesday put on by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we could decide the top ten, so I wrote about National Novel Writing Month which is during the month of November. I cleverly called it Top Ten Tuesday: Things About National Novel Writing Month #NaNoWriMo.
- I finally posted my review of Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. You might not like what I have to say.
- I also posted my review of Time Between Us, the first novel by Tamara Ireland Stone. I really liked this book.
- I again participated in Feature and Follow Friday which is a meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This week’s question: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic? This is a question on my list that I ask authors that I interview. It is very interesting to see their answers. See mine there ^^.
Also this past week:
- I read Beautiful Darkness, which is the follow-up to Beautiful Creatures. I will not be posting a review, per se, but I did put some of my thoughts about it on Goodreads.
- I also read a book my daughter wanted me to read: Meg Cabot’s Pants on Fire. I did not do a full-blown review on my blog, but did write a small review on Goodreads.
Coming up this week:
- As I mentioned before, I am in the second week of hosting my book giveaway. It would be awesome if you would go to the post and enter the raffle for the giveaway.
- I have slowed down considerably on my reading, as I am in the thralls of creating my literary masterpiece for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). So I still have not read Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch, The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde and In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz. I also have a couple of books to pick up at the library that are on hold.
- I did read one of my ARRs (yay me!) and will (hopefully) read two two more this week. I think those lucky two will be FanGirl by Angel Lawson and Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman.
- NaNoWriMo is still a go. Of course I am a little behind (I think I should already be at 18,337 words, but I am currently at 12,274). It’s been a lot of fun so far, but this week I am going to have to kick it into high gear so I can at least pull up even. I think I need to do another 2,000 today and that should help.