This is a fun meme started by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. As she says:
~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
So, to recap the last week, here are links to all of the posts I did:
- One more day on my FIRST EVER book giveaway! Please keep me from crying and dissolving into a puddle of sad rejection by reading my INKlings interview with Joanne Brothwell and signing up to win an electronic copy of her first book, Stealing Breath. My family thanks you, it’s no skin off your nose AND you could win a good book! What’s not to love?
- I reviewed an indie pub called Guardians: The Girl by Lola St. Vil. For me, the books wasn’t quite up to 3 Stars…read why here.
- As always, Tuesday is Top Ten Tuesday sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic was Books I’d Want on a Desert Island. You may be surprised with the way I went with this topic. Think Survivor meets Amazon.com.
- I read the second book by one of my fav writers/bloggers, Angel Lawson. It came out this past July, is called FanGirl! and is a mighty good read. Four Stars!
- Thursday was a little silly, what with the Breaking Dawn Part 2 release and all. I have had my tickets for a month, and one of my friends and I took in the 10:00 PM showing Thursday night. In preparation for the show, I wrote my predictions in the aptly-titled Breaking Dawn Part 2 is Tonight! Sadly, I was not right on all counts.
- I took the week off from Feature and Follow Friday because I couldn’t answer the question about what movie I would like to see made into a book. Of course, I thought of one on Saturday: Notting Hill. Alas, too little, too late.
- I finally took a lot of time out to write for #NaNoWriMo, as this past week was pretty heinous in many ways. Suffice it to say that I didn’t get in the number of words that I needed to early in the week, so I carved out a hunk of time on Friday to get in a few (did over 3,000!). Since I knew everyone would be missing my words of wisdom and general vibe, I did post a photo(shopped?) pic of a kitty with a frog hat. You know how easily people get distracted by cute animals on the——-
Coming up this week:
- As I may have mentioned before, it is the last day of hosting my book giveaway. It would be awesome if you would go to the post and enter the raffle for the giveaway.
- I have done something I don’t normally do…I returned some books to the library without reading them (yet). I decided not to read the next two books in the Beautiful Creatures saga and I returned Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch.
- I am reading The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde and my daughter stole In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz from me. I also have a book that I am really excited to read: Black Swan Green by David Mitchell, the author of Cloud Atlas. It’s supposed to be The Catcher in the Rye for today’s generation. I will let you know what I think when I review it in the next couple of weeks.
- I still have more ARRs to read. One will be My Disjointed Life by Martin Reed and the other is Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman.
- NaNoWriMo is still on. Of course I am a little behind. I should have 28,333, but am trailing at 21,213. I didn’t write anything today since I was spending time with the fam, including going with my daughter to Breaking Dawn Part 2. The good thing is Thanksgiving Five-Day weekend is coming up and I will be able to get a lot done then.