This is a fun meme started by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. As she says:
~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
My week was spent getting ready for Thanksgiving. Oh no, I didn’t have to get ready for company and cook and bake like a crazy person. But I did have to pack suitcases and get in a car and ride to our destination. I tried to read and write, but it was a little difficult this week. Here’s what I did get accomplished, though:
- I completed my first book giveaway. Thank you to everyone that participated – it was much appreciated. The winner of the eBook of Stealing Breath by Joanne Brothwell was a lovely Aussie gal name Naomi who has a book blog called Nomi’s Paranormal Palace. Thank you for signing up, Naomi! Be sure to check out her blog.
- Monday I took off and posted nothing. Sad, I know. I did write quite a bit for #NaNoWriMo. I am holding my own there. There are only six days left. I have to write 11,029 words. That’s approximately 1,839 each day. I’ve got to do it, right? I mean, write? I wrote a lot over the Thanksgiving holiday – heck, I even wrote in the car for about three hours.
- Top Ten Tuesday: I did this week’s top ten (sponsored by The Broke and the Bookish). The topic was Books/Authors I Am Thankful For. This was both difficult and a lot of fun.
- To say that this week technology was about to kill me is almost not an understatement. My eFax (that I never use) decided to blow up just as I needed it, and yesterday my blog went whackydoodle. Someone was trying to tell me to keep off the computer this week, or else. My SUPER WONDERFUL AWESOME HUSBAND spent a lot of time last night (when he could have been blowing up bad guys on his own computer) fixing most of the problem, then drove many hours home today and finished his work on my blog when he got home. This is the hot fudge, nuts and sprinkles on top of the love I already have for the guy. That’s my looong explanation as to why there was no Wednesday post.
- I did a lil thank you post on Thursday. I meant every word.
- I finally did another book review! I have been writing so much on other things. It seems that I always have to decide between reading and writing. Not a fun choice! But I did read and review a book by Jasper Fforde called The Last Dragonslayer.
- I have wanted to start a meme, and decided that I would post every Saturday the music I was listening to or inspired by the past week. I will have a Mr. Linky or something on there next week. Please join in as I always like to hear about cool bands and songs! It’s cleverly called Songs of the Week.
Coming up this week:
- Writing writing writing. Approx. 11,029 words of it. Plus this post, Tuesday’s, Friday’s and reviews in-between.
- I just picked up Death and the Girl Next Door by Darynda Jones. It is her first Young Adult novel. I absolutely love her Charley Davidson series, so I am expecting great things.
- I have not started Black Swan Green by David Mitchell, the author of Cloud Atlas and now I have Cloud Atlas to read as well.
- My daughter read a book called The Candidates by Inara Scott, and she asked me to read it, too. It is something she found at the library.
- I am almost finished with My Disjointed Life by Martin Reed. I read most of it in the car today on the way home. I will post a review of it this week.
- I have signed up to read and review C I N by Christian Leigh Pritchard. That will happen over the next couple of weeks.
- Andrea Lynn Colt has written a book called Torched and has asked me to read and review.
- I got a free book from NetGalley written by Elizabeth Laban called The Tragedy Paper that I will read/review sometime in the next couple of weeks.
- I promise I will get to Crashing Eden by Michael Sussman this week.
See you next week!