This is a fun meme started by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. As she says:
~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
So, to recap the last week, here are links to all of the posts I did:
- Last week was the second half of Haunted Week. From This Girl Reads, it was tons of fun. I participated in three of the last four challenges: It Came From the Web; Tricked or Treated; and Written in the Tombstone.
- I reviewed Sophie Jordan’s Firelight. Ms. Jordan came to the Austin Teen Book Festival this past September.
- I am loving this Top Ten Tuesday meme that is put on by the Broke and the Bookish. This week’s list was the Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines. It was a lot of fun to write, as well as read who others thought fit the bill.
- If you want to see a photo of my kid dressed as Lex Bartleby from ‘Croak’ for Halloween, check it out.
- I read and posted the review for Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. I have wanted to start this series for a while and am glad I finally got to.
- I participated in Feature and Follow Friday which is a meme hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. This week’s question: What’s a deal-breaker for you in a book? Every one of you will be SHOCKED to see my answer.
- My last post is a review of Katie McGarry’s awesome contemporary story Pushing the Limits.
Coming up this week:
- I am hosting my first ever book giveaway! The post will be up on Monday. It is an interview with Joanne Brothwell, author of Stealing Breath, and a giveaway. I do hope you all will drop by and read my INKlings interview and enter the giveaway.
- I have read Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone and will posts reviews for them this week.
- Next in the hopper I have the second and third of the Beautiful Creatures series. I also have Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch, The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde and In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz to read.
- I am working my way through my eBooks for ARRs and will do two of them this week. Which two, I don’t know yet. Probably the ones I have had the longest…(I said this last time, I know.)
- I am participating in NaNoWriMo, so I am trying to write most of the morning (2,000 – 3,000 words per day is my goal). Writing on the weekend is difficult since I want to spend time with my family, so I will write a little bit tomorrow and then get back to it on Monday.