This is a fun meme started by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. As she says:
~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
I did pretty well this week, though, I do admit to petering out toward the latter half of the week. Coupling that with Friday’s tragedy in Newtown, I didn’t read much toward the end of the week. But, here is what I did accomplish/post:
- My third author interview in my INKlings series was posted, starring Angel Lawson. You can still sign up for the book giveaway raffle of her new book until midnight tonight.
- Angel Lawson’s follow up to Wraith, called Shadow Bound was published on Tuesday. I posted my review of the book the same day.
- Also on Tuesday, I posted Top Ten Favorite New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2012.
- Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet by Darynda Jones was the subject of my review on Wednesday.
- Next book review posted was for an “oldie” but a goodie: Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. This is the series that the HBO show True Blood is based on.
- I didn’t know what to post in my weekly meme, Songs of the Week, so it’s a little essay with a link to a video of Staten Island’s PS22 5th Grade Chorus singing Let There Be Peace On Earth.
- I almost forgot (doesn’t that say something?) but I finally read my eBook copy of Fifty Shades of Grey. I bought it some time after the beginning of the year, and there it sat. I will write a review of sorts.
- I have almost finished reading The Candidates by Inara Scott.
- The winner of the raffle for Angel Lawson’s new book will be announced.
- Top Ten Tuesday this week will be Top Ten Books I Read in 2012. I can tell you right now that trying to narrow that down will be very difficult, considering, as of right now, I have read 180 books this year (braggity brag brag).
- I will be posting a review of The Candidates by Inara Scott.
- I will write something about my reading experience re. Fifty Shades of Grey.
- I promise, especially since the review is overdue, that I will read and review C I N by Christina Leigh Pritchard.
- In between helping my kid study for exams, getting the house ready for company and Christmas, watching the rest of Season 1 & 2 of True Blood, I will read Louis Sachar’s The Cardturner and The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
- Saturday will be my weekly meme, Songs of the Week, showcasing what I have been listening to during the week. Please join me by writing your own post and putting a link on my post.