This is a fun meme started by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. As she says:
~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.
This whole awesome holiday/family/vacation thang really interferes with reading and writing, don’t it? Even though, I think I only missed one day of posting. Here’s what you either saw or missed:
- The Sunday Post 12.23.2012. As usual, you can check and see how I did…
- I learned about a year-long challenge called the 2013 New Adult Reading Challenge from my book bloggy pal, Kimba of Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. If you have any books in this genre that you think I should read, please let me know!
- My daughter, Olivia, read and prepared her review of In a Glass Grimmly by Adam Gidwitz.
- Top Ten Tuesday, the meme by The Broke and the Bookish, was a freebie this week – meaning, I could make up my own top ten. I decided to go with an obvious holiday choice: Top Ten Christmas Shows.
- I did actually review something myself this week – The Candidates by Inara Scott. See what I thought about this book about a school for kids with special abilities.
- Recommended to me by an actual teen, I read and reviewed Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast.
- My weekly meme, Songs of the Week, was obsessed with True Blood’s first season of awesome swampy Lou-zian tunes.
Here’s what else happened:
I only got ONE book for Christmas. ONE. BOOK. ONLY. On the plus side, it is super cool. My mom gave me My Ideal Bookshelf, a book where writers, musicians, chefs and other “cultural figures” talk about the books that matter to them the most. Did I mention it’s SUPER COOL?
Due to the dearth of reading items received, I had to purchase some for myself. Here’s what I bought:
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. This is the zombie love story that has been turned into a movie that comes out in February. I hope it’s as good (or better!) than the movie looks.
- Speechless by Hannah Harrington. I heard about this book, but haven’t seen many reviews of it. It’s the story of a girl who tells a secret that almost gets someone killed and makes her a social untouchable.
- Replay by Ken Grimwood. This was recommended to me by my own husband. It’s a story about a guy who gets to live his life over again, knowing all the mistakes he made in life.
- I picked up the second book in the Ruby Red Trilogy – Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier. It has been so long since I read the first one, I am going to have to re-read it before I start the new one.
- I need to write my review of The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
- I read the second Sookie Stackhouse book – Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris. I haven’t decided if I am going to do a full-blown review. I am thinking probably no.
- I am reading The Cardturner by Louis Sachar and will post a review next week.
- I was asked to read and review More by T.M. Franklin. The Fragile Lion by Mark Darley, and The Hidden Ones by Nancy Madore. Look for these in January.
- I have several books I want to finish by the end of the year. Let’s see…2 days? Sure, doable…*cough*
What’s up with you this week?