What I Posted…
This week, I posted a catch up with 5 BriefINK reviews. They were about the following books:
- Unhinged by A. G. Howard
- Every Day by David Levithan
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass by Meg Medina
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
It’s sad that it has taken me this long, but I have finally started catching up on reviews. I may be doing my BriefINKs over the next few weeks to get them done and out there. I have fifteen books that have been waiting a while, so look for these in the coming weeks:
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Anyone But You by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes
- Real Mermaids Don’t hold Their Breath by Helene Boudreau
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
- Big Fat Disaster by Beth Fehlbaum
- Poor Little Dead Girls by Lizzie Friend
- Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier
- Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
- Escape From Eden by Elisa Nader
- Panic by Lauren Oliver
- Imagined London by Anna Quindlen
- The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith
- Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton
- The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
What I’m Reading…
I am currently catching up on my books that the wonderful Merit Press sends. I will be writing reviews of these books over the next couple of weeks. I will also be having two giveaways for a couple of their latest novels:
- Wanted: Dead or In Love by Kym Brunner. Do you love the tales of Bonnie & Clyde? This book takes place current-day with some excellent gangsta crossover. The giveaway starts THIS WEEK on Wednesday, July 23rd. Follow my blog or via Twitter for a link!
- Jex Malone by C. L. Graber and V. C. Stanley. Were you a huge Nancy Drew reader? Do you love solving crimes with Miss Marple or CSI? Here’s your updated YA heroine who might get in over her head. Giveaway to be announced!
I also finished:
- Screaming Divas by Suzanne Kamata (another Merit Press publication); and
- Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (a series I have always wanted to start).
New Books to Read…
As it is with most book bloggers, I don’t always have restraint when it comes to amassing more books to read. Our wonderful local library always makes it so easy to find, hold and check out books using their online system. Plus they’ve joined the digital world and are on Overdrive. So now it is also way too easy to get ebooks as well. (*Shakes fist* Dang you, library! I love you!) However, I get so many recommendations and read so many reviews of new books (and since book stores are going the way of the dodo) that I don’t always get to take part in that delicious pastime of wandering around and picking up books that look interesting. I made time this week, though (despite my towering TBR pile), and added the following titles:
- Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- Lies My Girlfriend Told Me by Julie Anne Peters
- Freak City by Kathrin Schrocke
What Should I Read Next?
I am still looking for some people to interview for my site. You can be a blogger, author, reader, whatever. I am going to start a weekly post about how to find books that are similar to something great you just read. You will be featured in an interview along with all of your pertinent social media data! Please email me or leave a message on the comments in the original post if you are interested!
Have a great week!
This is a meme started by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. As she says:
It’s a chance to share news, a post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.